Saturday, October 07, 2006

Me + Photocopier + Kids = The Ultimate Recess






Here are a few images of the 20ft collage I made with the children during my workshop at the Aldrich Contemporary Museum.This piece is currently on view in the education center of the museum.

It all started by asking the kids..."If you could do anything you wanted during recess..what would you like to do?"

And as you can see, some of their answers included...

"I want to play basketball" -"I want to play football" - "I want to go swimming" - "I just want to be by the pool" - "I want to dive off a diving board" - "I want to be a pirate" - "i want to be an Indian" - "I want to be Superman."

Special thanks to Nathan Lewis and Roland Becerra for helping assemble all the pieces that last day. I could have never finished this without their expert help.

I would also like to thank Carolina Pedraza, Museum Educator: Youth & Family Programs, for her endless support and enthusiasm as I squashed kids, grass, bark and flowers onto the copier :)



2 Comments:

Blogger amruta patil said...

just wanted to express my admiration. i have been reading your blog for a while now.

6:44 AM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger *ArtStar* said...

hey Amruta! -thanks so much for the interest.

I've heard lots about you from Nathan. : )

I really like your work - i love the "coffee and cigarettes" work that's up on your web site.

10:25 AM, October 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>